The TMG6 Upgrade

Jan 21, 2006 5:31 PM

I wanted to let you know that I finally caved in and upgraded to TMG6. I just couldn't wait for Legacy to add the real endnotes/footnotes into the program.

However, the import was not that easy. The supposedly fabulous Genbridge import process doesn't correctly import Legacy 5 files. Some parts of both sources and citations are missed as well as closed to-do items from Legacy. Anyway, I ended up using the generic gedcom import although it had the same probems.
Jim Byram was a great help during the process and really walked me through it but it is not for the faint-hearted (I actually had to manually manipulate the gedcom file text in notepad).

I finally got my report and am happy with it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive