My New Craft Closet

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If you've been over to my house, you'll know that I have my craft supplies in the basement office but my crafting table in the rec room. This isn't very practical as I keep getting stuff out and never put it away to save on walking next time I need it.

So not long ago I wrote about my dream workspace (read blog) which I was planning to implement in the new house. Well I found a similar space but designed for crafters (see 1st photo below). Anyway, since we are no longer moving house I decided to get C to implement my dream craft space (see 2nd picture below) in the closet in the office.

ELF Craft Closet System (inspiration)


Marina's New Craft Closet

- Top shelf holds less used supplies including my label maker and a fabric covered box from London Drugs ($7) containing my "things to be scrapped".
- Middle shelf holds CH paper holders, CK QVC Papercrafting Kit, Scrapbooks.
- 1/2 shelf on left contains CK QVC Cardmaking Kit, loose stamps, embellishments.
- Lower shelf is used like a desk, left side contains magazine holders and idea books (need those handy), desk organizer (actually just a cute metal tin from Homesense for $7), hand-made fabric scrap collector (thanks Carrie!), CTMH pad of paper, Fiskars trimmer.
- Leaning on back wall is my magnetic bulletin board (Chapters)(C has yet to mount it).
- Under the lower shelf are two Sterlite 3 drawer carts (London Drugs $10 special), one contains all my stamps, stamp pads, markers etc. The other contains my Coluzzle stuff (and has a couple of empty drawers ready for new stuff!). Also my rolling tote is under the desk.


Shelves, mounting rails and brackets from Home Hardware (cost around $130 with hardware). Posted by Picasa

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments