Rootsmagic is in the mail

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Well I'm sure we've all heard the phrase "the cheque is in the mail" but this time it's a copy of Rootsmagic. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the program especially as it is supposed to solve my pet peeve, real MS Word footnotes in reports.

Anyway, I'll let you know what I think once I get it installed. I have high hopes as TMG is so clunky and unintuitive and there's no word from Geoff about a Legacy 7. I find it strange that there are still software programs out there that are so awful to use in practice. During all my years as a Business Systems Analyst working in the software industry and defining user requirements, the number one request was always "ease of use". TMG really missed the boat on this one! When are people going to learn to get the user's input on these things.... (ok, rant is over)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments