Silver Jubilee 1977

May 22, 2007 9:07 AM

The pictures on this layout are from the Silver Jubilee in 1977. Getting them was a nightmare. First the original is actually an 8mm cine film that was projected onto a screen and recorded with our analog video camera (this was a few years ago). Then the analog tape was recorded onto my computer using a video capture card. Then screen shots were taken from the movie.

In the end it was worth it as these are the only pictures I have of this event and are especially important to me as my best friend/next door neighbour Claire and her brother are also included. However, they are lo-res and I will be interested to see how they look when printed out.

Also, I'm not sure of this title. Originally it was called "Silver Jubilee" but I just know that my friend Bonnie (who is a great page titler) would say that was boring and challenge me to come up with something more interesting. So I was looking for a play on words related to "cube", "gravy" or "stock" and this is what I came up with, but I think it might be a bit harsh for the subject matter.

Thoughts, comments?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive