Boycott Canadian Tire

Monday, August 20, 2007

I am writing this post to share my concern over a Canadian Tire ad that is presently running on Sympatico. The ad shows a college roommate with a red crosshair on his chest with the words "hit your new roommate". The ad is entitled Dorm Dodgeball and can be seen here http://sympatico.msn.ca/

In light of the recent school shooting at Virigina Tech, as well as similar shootings over the past few years (Taber, Montreal, Columbine) I find this ad disturbing and offensive as it is not only making light of a serious crime, it also seems to be encouraging others to "shoot" students.

I have email Canadian Tire explaining my feelings and asking them to withdraw it. If this ad disturbs you, I ask you to please email the following individuals and let them know.

bonikowsky@cantire.com Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Investor Relations
lgibson@cantire.com Manager, Public & Media Relations
caroline.casselman@cantire.com Director, Community & Public Affairs

In the meantime, I am boycotting Canadian Tire in protest and I ask you to do the same.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments