Boycott Canadian Tire

Aug 20, 2007 3:52 PM

I am writing this post to share my concern over a Canadian Tire ad that is presently running on Sympatico. The ad shows a college roommate with a red crosshair on his chest with the words "hit your new roommate". The ad is entitled Dorm Dodgeball and can be seen here http://sympatico.msn.ca/

In light of the recent school shooting at Virigina Tech, as well as similar shootings over the past few years (Taber, Montreal, Columbine) I find this ad disturbing and offensive as it is not only making light of a serious crime, it also seems to be encouraging others to "shoot" students.

I have email Canadian Tire explaining my feelings and asking them to withdraw it. If this ad disturbs you, I ask you to please email the following individuals and let them know.

bonikowsky@cantire.com Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Investor Relations
lgibson@cantire.com Manager, Public & Media Relations
caroline.casselman@cantire.com Director, Community & Public Affairs

In the meantime, I am boycotting Canadian Tire in protest and I ask you to do the same.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive