Jessica Sprague Week 3 - Miss Independent

Sep 4, 2007 12:29 PM

When I signed up for this course, I have to admit, I didn't think I'd learn anything but I knew there was going to be an advanced course and that you'd probably have to take this course as a pre-requisite.

This week's Jessica Sprague Up and Running covered a lot of different things and I learned quite a bit. I now know how I should be cutting my digital paper, how to evenly space things and trim off excess photo. If I learn as much next week as I did this week, I'll be thinking that my $40 was well spent. I've bought books that cost that and haven't been as useful/practical.

Anyway... ah yes... I'm supposed to be posting my layout.


I want to quickly explain a couple of things. First, I modified the layout to make my 3 supporting photos rectangular and not square (as JS planned). I just couldn't crop these photos into squares that made any sense as the climber didn't show.
Second, I'm really happy with my title font selection. It is a mix of Renaissance and Base 02 which is a grungy high impact font. The idea is to fool you into thinking elegant and then to be shocked with the grungy "independent" statement. I totally love this 2nd font (who knew you could love fonts?) and might be throwing out all my alphabet stamps (ok, not really, but I do love this stamped look).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive