Post shopping spree confession

Nov 11, 2007 12:50 PM

So after confessing my vintage camera addiction I decided to go shopping on eBay to get me another camera :)

I missed out on several Canonet QL17 GIIIs that were getting a bit too rich for my budget so I put a low offer on one final camera before trying my luck on a 1973-1980 Yashica Electro 35 GSN (my 2nd choice).

The GSN is the fouth generation of this camera after several improvements have been made but before they started removing a few features in later models. Another fixed lens camera with an F/1.7 aperture (like the QL17) I picked one up for $27 + $13 shipping = $40 and then went out with the kids for a couple of hours while waiting for the vendor to send me back the invoice.

When I came back I refreshed my page only to find I had 2 items in my waiting to pay area. Two? Duh, I won the 1972-1982 Canonet QL17 GIII unattended auction with my low ball bid. Ooops! Guess I learned a lesson there.... I guess with 4 of these babies I am officially a collector now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive