WIP: Ivy

Feb 16, 2008 8:51 AM

I've had some dark red mercerized style yarn for several years now.

I bought it at Lewiscrafts (Summer 2004) before they closed down in Canada. It was going to be a Jaeger sweater from a book of patterns I purchased at Liberty's off of Oxford Street (the yummiest store, haberdashery and yarn 3rd floor). However, I misplaced the knitting at some point and by the time I found it, months later, I couldn't remember which size I'd been knitting (Tip: write this down on the pattern, in pencil if you want to erase it later).

Well to continue the project I decided to frog the entire back and reknit it. Well about 3 inches into the pattern I decided that I was sick of looking at the same thing. That pattern in that color, ugh! There really wasn't anything wrong with it but I figured if I was sick of looking at it now while knitting it, that I'd probably never wear it. So I frogged it again and put the yarn away.

A few days later I was looking at Knitty.com Ivy pattern from Winter '06 and it called for some DK weight about 800g/1800 yards. Hmmm, I think that red yarn is DK and guess what I have exactly 800g .....

So now I'm working on the Ivy wrap sweater in dark red. I'm hoping that I'll like this sweater a lot more than the other one although probably won't be wearing it until next Fall/Winter because it's probably not going to fit my pregnant body by the time I'm finished.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive