WIP: Hexacomb Cardigan - Frogging

Mar 12, 2008 12:33 PM

I was pretty exciting about finishing the body of this cardigan and working on the sleeves. However, along the way, something odd happened with the pattern. Basically the pattern called for 7 rows of garter stitch, followed by 6 repeats of 10 rows (an increase row with 9 st st rows) for a total of 67 rows. At the gauge specified (4"=28 rows, 1"=7 rows) this should have meant that the length would be 9 1/2 inches before doing the armhole shaping.

Instead, the pattern said to carry on straight until the whole piece measured 8". Hey, wait a minute 8" was several rows ago. What was going on? I posted to Ravelry.com and it was suggested to just start the armhole shaping at this point which I did and completed the sleeve. But it turned way too long and was tight because the increases were done too high up the sleeve.

So I am frogging it and reknitting at the same time. I have decided to reduce the 10 row repeat to just 8 rows, this will give me the same amount of stitches overall, with increases occurring earlier (making the sleeve wider sooner) and reducing the sleeve by 12 rows (approximately 1 1/2 inches). I am hoping this will do the trick and will post once the sleeves (or at least one of them is inset).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive