Two secret projects

Jun 30, 2008 5:32 PM

I've been working on a couple of craft projects this week trying to get ready for when the baby arrives.

The first project is a baby birth announcement. I started out making 10 of these but 2 got messed up so I'm down to 8 (if you get one you'll be very privileged!). I'm using some older stamping up supplies and a cute stamp set I found at the LSS. I'm just waiting to borrow an SU corner rounder so I can create a scalloped edge down one side then I'll post a photo.


The second project is a mini album for the grandparents. This is the third time I've made mini albums (see the first and second part 1 /second part 2 albums). This time I'm doing something I have never done before, making an ABC album. I don't know why I haven't used this approach before but it's working out pretty good. You have to be a little creative with your alphabet but I kind of like the structure.

I borrowed an idea from the Simple Scrapbooks Album Shortcuts special issue pages 90-91 where each double spread has one vertical and one horizontal photo and uses a round journal stamp to record the details of each. The pages are minimally decorated and the photos will be 4x6 for speedy assembly. 9/26 pages are done but I'm going to need to take some more photos to get these finished (of course I'm saving a few pages like B is for Baby) for after the baby arrives.


Here's a sample, "F is for Friends" (G is before I add the photo and journaling).


You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive