Two secret projects

Monday, June 30, 2008

I've been working on a couple of craft projects this week trying to get ready for when the baby arrives.

The first project is a baby birth announcement. I started out making 10 of these but 2 got messed up so I'm down to 8 (if you get one you'll be very privileged!). I'm using some older stamping up supplies and a cute stamp set I found at the LSS. I'm just waiting to borrow an SU corner rounder so I can create a scalloped edge down one side then I'll post a photo.


The second project is a mini album for the grandparents. This is the third time I've made mini albums (see the first and second part 1 /second part 2 albums). This time I'm doing something I have never done before, making an ABC album. I don't know why I haven't used this approach before but it's working out pretty good. You have to be a little creative with your alphabet but I kind of like the structure.

I borrowed an idea from the Simple Scrapbooks Album Shortcuts special issue pages 90-91 where each double spread has one vertical and one horizontal photo and uses a round journal stamp to record the details of each. The pages are minimally decorated and the photos will be 4x6 for speedy assembly. 9/26 pages are done but I'm going to need to take some more photos to get these finished (of course I'm saving a few pages like B is for Baby) for after the baby arrives.


Here's a sample, "F is for Friends" (G is before I add the photo and journaling).


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments