6 Random Things About Me

Aug 17, 2008 10:28 AM

I've been tagged by Stay At Home in Surburbia to post 6 random things about me. So here goes:

  1. I love to play clarinet/bass clarinet in band/orchestra.  I haven't done this for a few years (since we moved from Vancouver) where I played in the BC Regiment Marching Band.  I gave up clarinet on the birth of baby #1 as the noise made her cry :(
  2. I am a gadget geek.  I love electronic gadgets!  Palm handhelds, digital cameras, ipods, and now my new digital camcorder.  But yet I still don't know how to work the TV, VCR, DVD player or Satellite Receiver?  Something to do with boring or uncool?
  3. I subscribe to the following magazines: The Pastel Journal, Creating Keepsakes, Digital Scrapbooking, Simple Scrapbook, Interweave Knitting, Project Management Network, Rangefinder, Photoshop Elements Techniques, National Geographic.  I'm not sure when I get time to read them all!
  4. I don't buy a lot of clothes or shoes.  While my sister and mum are clothes-horses (my sister has a degree in fashion design and is also a buyer for a larger clothing retailer and designs clothes too), I generally go clothes shopping twice a year and buy a ton of stuff so I don't have to go back again for another 6 months or so.  I'm not sure why I'm so adverse to clothes shopping.  Maybe because I don't have any girlfriends to shop with for a second opinion?  Or maybe because nothing fits in this country where 0 is actually a size (yes, in Britain sizes start at 6 or 8)?
  5. I have had more than my 15 minutes of fame.  I was in the newspaper as a kid when our dog one two firsts at Crufts, on the radio at 16 whining about the new high school exams that we were guinea-pigged to take and published last year in Internet Genealogy magazine.
  6. I am a great organizer when it comes to other peoples stuff.  I love to watch "Neat" and surf the internet for organizing tips, and love helping people get organized.  But when it comes to my own stuff, it's a mess.  If you need help organizing let me know, but you'll have to come over to my place and help me organize!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive