6 Random Things About MeAug 17, 2008 10:28 AM
I've been tagged by Stay At Home in Surburbia to post 6 random things about me. So here goes:
- I love to play clarinet/bass clarinet in band/orchestra. I haven't done this for a few years (since we moved from Vancouver) where I played in the BC Regiment Marching Band. I gave up clarinet on the birth of baby #1 as the noise made her cry :(
- I am a gadget geek. I love electronic gadgets! Palm handhelds, digital cameras, ipods, and now my new digital camcorder. But yet I still don't know how to work the TV, VCR, DVD player or Satellite Receiver? Something to do with boring or uncool?
- I subscribe to the following magazines: The Pastel Journal, Creating Keepsakes, Digital Scrapbooking, Simple Scrapbook, Interweave Knitting, Project Management Network, Rangefinder, Photoshop Elements Techniques, National Geographic. I'm not sure when I get time to read them all!
- I don't buy a lot of clothes or shoes. While my sister and mum are clothes-horses (my sister has a degree in fashion design and is also a buyer for a larger clothing retailer and designs clothes too), I generally go clothes shopping twice a year and buy a ton of stuff so I don't have to go back again for another 6 months or so. I'm not sure why I'm so adverse to clothes shopping. Maybe because I don't have any girlfriends to shop with for a second opinion? Or maybe because nothing fits in this country where 0 is actually a size (yes, in Britain sizes start at 6 or 8)?
- I have had more than my 15 minutes of fame. I was in the newspaper as a kid when our dog one two firsts at Crufts, on the radio at 16 whining about the new high school exams that we were guinea-pigged to take and published last year in Internet Genealogy magazine.
- I am a great organizer when it comes to other peoples stuff. I love to watch "Neat" and surf the internet for organizing tips, and love helping people get organized. But when it comes to my own stuff, it's a mess. If you need help organizing let me know, but you'll have to come over to my place and help me organize!