Meaning of Imara Elizabeth

Aug 6, 2008 8:37 AM

A couple of people have asked me how we came up with the name for the baby.  Easy, C picked it out of a name book (just like he did with K's name).  I only get to choose the middle names ;)

Imara is a Swahili girl's name meaning strong or resolute.
Elizabeth means God's oath.

I chose Elizabeth for two reasons, first it is my sister's middle name (unfortunately she doesn't like her first name and has already changed it to a variant so that wasn't an option).  Second, my sister was named after my grandmother, again Elizabeth being her middle name (Norah being her first and not a popular choice in the 70's as a name for my sister).

So now you know.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive