New FamilySearch

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It seems just about forever since I posted last but it's time for an update.  During the Summer I had my baby and things have been a little hectic every since.

However, I did manage to speak on LDS Resources at the Kelowna and District Genealogy Society's annual seminar.  I covered all aspects of FamilySearch including the two databases not available online (Scottish Church Records and Military Index), the FamilySearch.org web site, the Indexing project, Pilot Familysearch, Wiki Familysearch and finally New Familysearch.  To be honest, I wish the powers that be in Salt Lake City could actually come up with unique names for the different parts of the FamilySeach system, because it sure was confusing!  There were 29 registered for the session but I ended up with standing room only with 42 attendees :)

As a result of the preparation for that session I have been using New FamilySearch extensively and have made some exciting discoveries which I'll save for a separate post shortly.  Currently New Familysearch is only available to those with church membership numbers but you are able to access all the other sites mentioned abovve.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments