How to force Elements 7 to backup/synchronize pending files | Studio MNov 23, 2008 5:11 PM
One of the great features of the new Photoshop Elements 7 is the ability to set an album to backup/synchronize automatically. While it is disappointing that you can't do this for a smartalbum, just a regular album, it is a great feature to have these photos backup automatically online so you don't have to worry about computer failure.
There have been a number of people reporting that their backup/synchronization is getting stuck saying the files are "pending" backup/synchronization and isn't actually backing up their photos. This seems to only be a problem with existing photos in an album rather than new photos or a new album.
To check that your are photos backing up/synchronizing:
1. Click on the green arrows in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select "View files pending backup/synchronization". If you see files in there, they are problem stuck (unless you just added them to an album that is going to be backed up).
To force backup/synchronization:
1. Create a new tag called "pending".
2. Click on the green arrows in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select "View files pending backup/synchronization". Click any photo now displayed then Ctrl-A (select All in Windows).
4. Drag the new "pending" tag onto the selected photos.
5. Right click on the tag in the Keyword Tags and select Delete tag. If may explain that the tag is going to be removed from all the files and ask for confirmation. Say "yes" if it does.
6. You should now see your files start to backup. You can either wait to see if the "View files pending backup/synchronization" files reduce to 0, or select "View backed up/synchronized files" or go online to your photoshop.com account to see which files are now backed up.