Lots of Blocks | Studio M

Sunday, February 08, 2009


DSC_6862_nvan.jpg
Originally uploaded by Marina Garrison
I've been looking for a new lens for taking indoor shots of the kids. The 50mm f/1.8 is a little too long indoors even though it works great in low light. Rather than buy another prime lens (the Sigma 30mm was highly recommended), I considered several f/2.8 zooms and settled on the Tamron 28-75 which is one of the best Tamron lenses out there (another is the Tamron 90mm macro which I also own). This lens isn't DX specific and so will go on a full frame camera if/when I choose to get one (right now that D700 looks mighty fine).

Anyway, I'm not a pixel peeper so no lens tests from me. I just shoot and see what I think. My other Tamron has produced some of my best shoots so I'm pretty optimistic about this one. If it doesn't work out then I definitely won't be buying the Nikon equivalent at $2000!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments