Moppetscloset | Studio M

Monday, March 09, 2009


I came across this Etsy retailer Moppetscloset while looking for a washer style necklace (as per Ali Edward) but unlike Ali, I wanted something in yellow gold tones. 

Christi of Moppetscloset only had silver washer jewellry in her store but I noticed that several of her other pieces were in gold (gold filled) so I asked her whether she could custom make what I wanted.  After conversing with her about various options she showed me her personal piece (above) and I'm so excited to tell you that I'm getting one just the same with all our names.  The cost was amazingly cheap at $44 US shipped (that's $59 CDN these days - our dollar isn't doing so well).

So head on over to Christi's store and pick out something for youself (just don't get one the same as me!).

And if (like me) you're wondering what gold-filled is:
"Gold Filled: Gold filled is an actual layer of gold-pressure bonded to another metal. Gold filled is not to be confused with gold plating as filled literally has 100% more gold than gold plating. Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. It does not flake off, rub off or turn colors. As a matter of fact, anyone who can wear gold can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry. Gold filled jewelry is an economical alternative to solid gold!"

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments