Mar 11, 2010 10:08 AM

Not much going on around here with Spring break in full swing.  Yesterday I spent most of the day working on a family history project - a book to be self published. 

Today I am starting the Heath Vest for J.  He's really excited to get this sweater but wants to watch me make it so he can wear it "tomorrow".  I keep trying to tell him that it will take much longer than 1 day but it's not getting through!  Here's the Heath Vest for those of you that are interested.

The pattern is my first try at Intarsia but it also called for a provision cast on - something else I haven't done before.  It is available through Knitpicks.com but you can also buy a kit that comes with all the yarn in the colorway shown above (which is what I purchased) for $14.99 here!!!! I thought it was an amazing deal so that's what we have.  The pattern comes in 4 kids sizes (starting at 24" chest) as well as adult sizes.

So far I've only done the provisional cast one - I want to read up on Intarsia a little before starting it. 
In my search for information/help on provisional cast on's I wanted to share the following youtube videos which were really helpful.

Making the provisional cast on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J-sUx_whE
Removing the provisional cast on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFXO8MH2z0

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive