Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not much going on around here with Spring break in full swing.  Yesterday I spent most of the day working on a family history project - a book to be self published. 

Today I am starting the Heath Vest for J.  He's really excited to get this sweater but wants to watch me make it so he can wear it "tomorrow".  I keep trying to tell him that it will take much longer than 1 day but it's not getting through!  Here's the Heath Vest for those of you that are interested.

The pattern is my first try at Intarsia but it also called for a provision cast on - something else I haven't done before.  It is available through Knitpicks.com but you can also buy a kit that comes with all the yarn in the colorway shown above (which is what I purchased) for $14.99 here!!!! I thought it was an amazing deal so that's what we have.  The pattern comes in 4 kids sizes (starting at 24" chest) as well as adult sizes.

So far I've only done the provisional cast one - I want to read up on Intarsia a little before starting it. 
In my search for information/help on provisional cast on's I wanted to share the following youtube videos which were really helpful.

Making the provisional cast on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J-sUx_whE
Removing the provisional cast on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFXO8MH2z0

Enjoy!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments