Springtime 2010 with Storybook Creator 3 {Studio M}

Apr 10, 2010 3:12 PM

I'm a big fan of Ali Edwards, a scrapbooker who is doing a lot of digital work these days.  I can't afford to buy all the templates and elements she sells so I often create my own versions of her designs. She recently published a page that I liked and I wanted to "scraplift" it (that's what scrapbookers say instead of "copying").

Here's Ali's page:



Here's mine:
My page was made using Creative Memories' Scrapbook Creator Plus 3.  This is a bit of a diversion for me.  I usually make my pages in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, however, the upgrade to Scrapbook Creator was on sale for $9.95 and came with 1 kit so I thought I'd grab it as I still had the previous version.  I'm curious to see what the new features of version 3 are and whether I might be able to produce pages faster with a more scrapbook oriented tool.

I did cheat one tiny bit, and made the paint overlay in Photoshop, saved as a .png and then imported to SBC3.  Everything else was done inside SBC3.  I've since figured out I could have made that element in SBC too by using the Line tool.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive