Spinning up a storm [Studio M]

Feb 25, 2013 8:47 PM

I've been busy with my spinning wheel in the past couple of weeks. I'm churning out yarn so fast I don't know how I'll keep up with knitting it!

First off, this one I call Zebra:


Then a blend I made on my blender/drum carder from some yellow and red fibre I had kicking around, I call this one Firestar:


Next we have Peacock, this was the January colour way from Spunky Eclectic. This was my first attempt at fractal spinning. 


Then an unknown fibre given to me by a member of the spinning guild:


These all need washing/setting before I measure the yardage and weight.

Then I washed a good portion of my BFLxRomney/Cotswold cross. This was very exciting and scary at the same time! It's incredible how quickly the dirt comes off and how white the fleece turns. It takes quite a while for the fleece to dry, I've figured that it is quicker if I take it out of the mesh bag that I use to wash it in, spreading it out to dry. The locks are so cute and curly - I feel like the sheep are distant kin to my curly-self - and I think it'll be a shame to drum card these curls so I might "spin from the lock" with this fleece.


I have a spin in on Saturday in Kamloops so I need to decide what I'm doing and prepare for my first spinning event which should be a lot of fun!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive