First Geocache

Sunday, March 31, 2013


J has the spirit of a pirate, he loves the chase and when I mentioned the idea of a real live treasure hunt (geocaching.com) he nagged me until I took him hiking to the closest geocache to our house 0.5 km away.

For those of you not familiar with the concept, you can go to the geocaching.com website or download the app to find the closest geocaches to you. There are 2 million of them worldwide, 423 in Kelowna and 3 within 0.5km of our house.

The idea is you use a map/compass (or the cell phone app) to locate the geocache, usually a canister with a notepad and pen (to record you name/date) and sometimes have mini prizes for kids to trade.

After we got back K wanted to go to, so I had to take her too. I am one worn out mom today!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments