Apple iPhone sales are down - baloney!!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Not a week goes by, when I hear some doomsayer saying that it's all over for Apple, iPhone sales are going down or plateaued. But what they don't say is that Pokemon Go (the app taking the world by storm) won't run on anything less than an iPhone 5!!!




Think of all those kids whose parents, like me, gave them their cast off old iPhones. Typically I would get a phone every 2 or 3 years (depending on what's new) and give my tweens my old phones. But now, an old iPhone isn't good enough. My son's iPhone 4 (circa 2010) which still works well, won't run Pokemon Go because Pokemon Go requires iOS 8 which isn't supported on the iPhone 4.



So Pokemon Go has single handedly created a need for newer iPhones. Will this be translated into increased sales - you betcha!! Moms everywhere will be buying either new SE models or used iPhone 5/c/s for their kids - either way - translating into more iPhone sales for Apple.

How do I know this? Well, because I'm that mom and I bumped into another at the Telus mobile store. I don't want my kid playing Pokemon Go on my iPhone. So he gets his own used iPhone 5S with a 1GB data plan.

Apple is a winner here, as well as the phone carrier selling the data plan. And don't think this is limited to just Apple, Android phones have the same limitations (Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1).

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments