12 Things to do with your Fountain PenFeb 20, 2017 8:42 PM
Wondering what to do with that lovely new fountain pen you just bought? Or maybe you feel guilty about that vintage fountain pen you inherited but has been lingering in a drawer....
Here are 12 things to do with your fountain pen:
- Write a letter. Yes, really. People love to get letters. It doesn't have to be long but it shows that you care.
- Keep a journal or diary. Feeling anxious? Write your thoughts in a journal. Traveling? Write down your experiences.
- Practice your handwriting. After several years of not writing regularly, I had to re-learn cursive. Your fountain pen will really help you produce beautiful handwriting.
- Write a novel. I have 2 novels started. I'm not sure when I will ever finish them but they are like worlds waiting for me to join them - to pop in and out to see what the characters are up to.
- Write a cheque. I can't remember the last time I did but signatures look so much nicer in real ink. Use bulletproof (permanent) ink if you are worried about forgeries/fraud.
- Sketch drawings. Even a bad sketch looks better in ink. Try using a bulletproof (permanent) ink and add some watercolour washes.
- Make a list. Shopping lists, to-do lists, honey-do lists, books to read, bucket list.
- Notes. Class notes, meeting notes, self-study notes (for when you want to master a subject).
- Write a greeting card, post-card or love-note. Handwritten love notes are more romantic than text messages ;)
- Write an inspirational quote.
- Draft a blog post or essay.
- Use a planner or bullet journal.