Post shopping spree confession

Sunday, November 11, 2007

So after confessing my vintage camera addiction I decided to go shopping on eBay to get me another camera :)

I missed out on several Canonet QL17 GIIIs that were getting a bit too rich for my budget so I put a low offer on one final camera before trying my luck on a 1973-1980 Yashica Electro 35 GSN (my 2nd choice).

The GSN is the fouth generation of this camera after several improvements have been made but before they started removing a few features in later models. Another fixed lens camera with an F/1.7 aperture (like the QL17) I picked one up for $27 + $13 shipping = $40 and then went out with the kids for a couple of hours while waiting for the vendor to send me back the invoice.

When I came back I refreshed my page only to find I had 2 items in my waiting to pay area. Two? Duh, I won the 1972-1982 Canonet QL17 GIII unattended auction with my low ball bid. Ooops! Guess I learned a lesson there.... I guess with 4 of these babies I am officially a collector now!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments