Weigh in | Studio M

Saturday, December 06, 2008


Well you know how they say "out of the mouths of babes", well about a month ago Kyra asked me if I had another baby in my tummy because it was so fat (yes thanks for that, I was only 3 months post-partum!).

Anyway I took it as a sign that I wasn't working on my weight loss as much as I should have been and decided to step it up a notch. In conjunction with the purchase of a family Wii, I bought the Wii Fit specifically for me to use to exercise. This thing is great if you haven't heard, especially for mums that can't get out of the house to go to the gym because of babies/pre-schoolers. Now I can exercise in the minutes when they are sleeping or busy.

I'm now 25 days into my exercise routine (which isn't daily) but includes a variety of yoga, strength exercising and some aerobics (step, rhythm boxing, short run). I also cut down on my carb intake, preferring to stuff my face with raisins instead of cookies when needing a "sweet" treat or drinking a cup of tea with an artifical sweetener. I also cut out C's morning fare of waffles, french toast and pancakes (notice how everything comes with syrup?) and switched to oatmeal with brown sugar. Those were the two main changes. I still eat a sandwich most days for lunch and a regular dinner although I've insisted on dinner being 5-6pm rather than our usual 7-8 pm and am easy on the rice/pasta/potato.

So what's the result: 25 days into this, I've lost 8lbs!!!! Not sure what this equates to in inches because I failed to measure anything. I'm still trying to get back into my size 10 pants (no success yet - can't believe I actually wore those things just two years ago - 1 baby ago). But the size 12 are much more comfortable now.

So I'm posting the following BMI index for you to see how you measure up. I'm still in the yellow (overweight) zone but getting much closer to the green (3lbs away). Did you really think I'd tell you how much I weigh?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments