Yesterday & Today Intro Page | Studio M

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm taking the Ali Edwards Yesterday & Today course over at www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com. I haven't taken one of their courses for a while because I don't like the fact that you don't have access to materials after you've finished, but this course was pretty tempting and came with a lot of digital elements by Ali (well worth the cost of the course itself). And even though I've been in the scrapbooking doldrums lately and haven't scrapped anything for a while (2 1/2 months!), I signed up for it anyway.

[In fact I bailed on the Jessica Sprague "Beautiful" album course that I was enrolled in and didn't complete any of the layouts. So now that's 2 courses I'm behind in, I still have the Type + Writer course to complete too :( So I didn't hold out too much hope of completing this course]

I have to say I've been impressed with Ali's course so far. Ali's emphasis is on documenting now, forget getting your craft room ready (Bonnie!) or scanning in all your photos, or scrapbooking chronologically, or..., or... Ali's stresses that you can document your memories now. It doesn't matter if they are random or planned, it doesn't matter if you have photos or not, it doesn't matter if it's just a short story and not a whole layout, she has a very "just do it" attitude. She emphasizes documenting in words and pictures. Not necessarily journaling everything (although you can) but if you're more comfortable with lists or stickers then "just do it".

So here are the first layouts from this album. I can't promise that I'll keep up with this but it's looking good at week 3 of 13.

From Studio M

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments