Winter Scenes {Studio M}

Dec 8, 2013 9:21 PM

The snow is now on the ground here in Kelowna. It'll probably be here until Spring now (today it was -13C).  In the spirit of Winter, I have entered two of my Winter paintings into the FineArtAmerica.com Winter Scenes contest.

I am not sure why I love painting the snow so much, perhaps it is the challenge of painting something that is white but really isn't? I love the idea that the snow takes on the colour of the things around it as it is a reflective surface similar to a body of water.

I have both of these pictures hung in my hallway at home as I love the colours (blues and purples).

I would love if you could vote for one or both of my pieces (click the title or picture to vote)
"Bare" 
Pastel on paper
11x14
$150


or
"Snow Scene"
Pastel on paper
15x11
$150

Both paintings are available for sale as originals (directly from me) or as prints or cards through FineArtAmerica.com.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© 2016 All Rights Reserved

All words, art and images are my own unless otherwise stated. Please do not use them without my express permission as they are subject to copyright. Thanks.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive