art

Winter Scenes

Sunday, December 08, 2013

The snow is now on the ground here in Kelowna. It'll probably be here until Spring now (today it was -13C).  In the spirit of Winter, I have entered two of my Winter paintings into the FineArtAmerica.com Winter Scenes contest.

I am not sure why I love painting the snow so much, perhaps it is the challenge of painting something that is white but really isn't? I love the idea that the snow takes on the colour of the things around it as it is a reflective surface similar to a body of water.

I have both of these pictures hung in my hallway at home as I love the colours (blues and purples).

I would love if you could vote for one or both of my pieces (click the title or picture to vote)
"Bare" 
Pastel on paper
11x14
$150



or
"Snow Scene"
Pastel on paper
15x11
$150


Both paintings are available for sale as originals (directly from me) or as prints or cards through FineArtAmerica.com.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments