A rare event

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today is one of those rare days when I actually cook something from scratch. I've been craving leek and potato soup (one of my specialities) for a few days and after making C bring home some leeks it is now on the stove cooking. I'll eat it for lunch as C still maintains he doesn't like leeks (how anyone can like onions but not leeks beats me!).

My recipe (for those that are interested) is taken from Marks and Spencers St Michael "Harvest Soups and Starters" book published 1990. The only difference is that I like to blend my soup so that it is a "hearty" soup rather than a "thin" soup with floaty bits.

Leek and Potato Soup - serves 4:

  • 2 big peeled potatos
  • 2 leeks
  • 1 onion
  • knob butter
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 pint/900ml veggie/chicken stock
Cut all veggies into chunks and sweat them in the oil/butter for a few minutes. Add the stock and season to taste. Bring to boil and simmer until veggies are soft (15-20 mins). Blend for a smoother texture.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments