A little more about me....

Saturday, May 05, 2007

What scrapbook products/lines do you dislike? I don’t know if I actually dislike anything in particular but I’m not a big fan of dated looking stuff. Not cool dated stuff (retro or vintage) but the scrapbooking stuff that you associate with middle aged women wearing sweaters with pictures on them.

I can tell you I what I really love: Bazzill cardstock and Basic Grey patterned papers/alphabets/tags/monograms. I could scrap with just those two things (and some tombow mono of course!).

What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to scrap? The thing that I thought would be the hardest to scrap (9/11) actually wasn’t once I got going as I had lots to say in my journaling. However, the emotions that it raised even 5 years after the event were still raw.

What technique do you use more than anything else? I don’t use a lot of techniques, preferring simpler pages. Currently my favorite technique is stamped titles using SU! Craft inks.

What is the smallest scrap of paper you save? If I can punch it with my SU! Word window punch it gets saved.

Have you had any scrapping related injuries? Actually yes, I borrowed my friends CM wavy trimmer and put my thumb across the blade. It gushed with blood for ages and I had to scrap the rest of the night with a band aid.

Finish this sentence…’If I weren’t a scrapbooker/stamper, I’d spend my money on.. photography equipment. There are so many lenses and accessories that I *need* but my wallet can't afford. Top of the list would be a nice f2.8 zoom (maybe the Nikon 35-70 or the Tamron 28-75), a 35 f/2 and 85 f/1.8. I could also use my own lighting studio (umbrella, light stands and strobes).

Give your best storage organizational tool. Cropper Hopper paper holders are fantastic. I have several in both 12x12 and 8 ½ x 11. My other favorite organizational tool is a garden tools organizer that I picked up for $8 at Home Sense. It has a handle on each end and 6 divided sections that I use for adhesives, tools, and other things that stand upright. I also like the CM pen holder that lies flat and doesn’t roll off the desk.

You just won a week long scrapping cruise for 5. Who is going with you? Yikes, tough question. My friend Bonnie (she is great company and she always has plenty of diet pepsi), Andrea Wiebe (for her uplifting layouts that often involve doodling and faithbooking), Becky Higgins (who wouldn’t want to take her), Ali Edwards (for creative inspiration), Rhonna Farrer (‘cos I’m trying to get into a little digital scrapping). Hopefully all the famous people wouldn't just ignore us!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments