Silver Jubilee 1977

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The pictures on this layout are from the Silver Jubilee in 1977. Getting them was a nightmare. First the original is actually an 8mm cine film that was projected onto a screen and recorded with our analog video camera (this was a few years ago). Then the analog tape was recorded onto my computer using a video capture card. Then screen shots were taken from the movie.

In the end it was worth it as these are the only pictures I have of this event and are especially important to me as my best friend/next door neighbour Claire and her brother are also included. However, they are lo-res and I will be interested to see how they look when printed out.

Also, I'm not sure of this title. Originally it was called "Silver Jubilee" but I just know that my friend Bonnie (who is a great page titler) would say that was boring and challenge me to come up with something more interesting. So I was looking for a play on words related to "cube", "gravy" or "stock" and this is what I came up with, but I think it might be a bit harsh for the subject matter.

Thoughts, comments?



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments