First Coaster Album

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Well thanks to my friend Bonnie who has gazillion coasters, I now have my own stash. I have been wanting to make a coaster album for a while and what better excuse than Mother's Day. I have made two albums, one for my mum and the other for my mother-in-law (if you are my MIL - don't read the rest of this post!).

Each album is made from 10 coasters. I have put patterned paper on both sides of the coaster using a corner rounder so that the corners lined up. I used a binder ring to hold the coasters together and tied ribbons around the ring. Because both of these albums are to be mailed (one to the UK), I opted not to use any bulky embellishments.

I printed off 18 wallet sized photos of my kids etc from the last 6 months or so and put one on each page. I decorated each page as well as the front and back of the album with SU! craft ink (Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Cameo Coral) and the Delight in Life SAB stamp set from SU!

Pictures are below:

Let me know what you think! I can't wait to make another more embellished version.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments