art

Livessence

Saturday, August 26, 2006

This morning I attended my first life drawing class at Rotary Center for the Arts in Kelowna. The Livessence group is a group of artists that meet twice a week to draw/paint from a life model. This is the first time I've done anything like this and it has taken a few months for me to pluck up courage to attend. At first it was terrible, the poses changed way too frequently for me to get anything down on paper worth looking at, but by the time we got to the 10 minute poses I was much more loosened up and able to work in the charcoal quite well. This sketch is from one of the 20 minute poses (I think, I don't really remember) and was the only sketch from the day that I thought was good enough to show anyone.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments